The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner has a vacancy for:
Administration Assistant (Apprentice)
We have an exciting new opportunity for an administration apprentice to join and support the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) based within the Communities and Engagement Team.
The Communities and Engagement function provides effective outreach activity into local neighbourhoods across the Humberside area. The team is responsible for working collaboratively with a wide range of partner organisations in helping to deliver the outcomes with the Police and Crime Plan. This team includes a wide variety of engagement activity which requires much coordination. There are several formal partnerships that this team play a leading role in ensuring the successful management of the Humberside Criminal Justice Board, The Diversity Panel and the Humberside Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) Ethics Committee. The team includes four Engagement Officers, one for each of the local authority areas that also manage and contribute to local networks as well as a Diverse Communities Manager who leads on specialise engagement for under-represented groups. The team also manages all media activity for the office.
This role will provide the right candidate an excellent opportunity to become part of a vibrant team dealing with meaningful and challenging work that can help make a difference to the people of Humberside.
The role will be very varied and will include all aspects of general administration duties including:
- Providing administrative support to the OPCC
- Record and allocate all incoming correspondence
- Maintain and control the OPCC office supplies and consumables
- Update, when required, the OPCC website
- Supporting members of the team at community based events
- Taking notes at meetings
- Arrange meetings, travel arrangements, car hire etc...
- Any other administrative duties as required
- You will also learn reception style duties, answering the telephone to members of the public in a professional and helpful manner
More deatils on the role and application process can be found at https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-307816