Introducing the Humberside OPCC Delivery Plan
This document serves to work as an operational tool that will be utilised by the OPCC team as a guide in ensuring we work effectively towards achieving the aims of the Police and Crime Plan.
The document can also serve to inform the public and the Police and Crime Panel of the OPCC direction of travel and activities undertaken to ensure an office that supports the PCC to exercise his duties effectively. It is the intention that this document is an operational one in that it will form the basis of how the team are provided with strategic direction.
The Delivery Plan will ensure the focus of the OPCC team on prioritising use of time and resources whilst moving towards a clear vision.
This plan will not provide full details of activities that are considered to be business as usual. That should not be mistaken for these activities not taking place and the OPCC will ensure sufficient emphasis is placed on these areas of work including delivery of our statutory responsibilities. These activities will be evidenced in quarterly updates provided to the Police and Crime Panel. These areas of work include:
- Improving the performance of the Force through an effective programme of assurance and robust governance arrangements
- The PCC being an effective voice of the public and thoroughly understanding the needs of the public
- Leading and shaping partnership working throughout the criminal justice and community safety sector thus creating more impact with less resource
- Encouraging effective collaboration at local, regional and national level where it is in the best interests of the people of Humberside
- Effective provision of high quality services to victims of crime
- Proactively engaging in the activity of the wider Association of Police and Crime Commissioners; playing an active role in areas of particular interest to the success of the Police and Crime Plan
- Ensuring the OPCC is directed, motivated and performance managed to serve the best interests of the public, with a team that is fit for purpose and at the appropriate level of capacity to deliver the outcomes of the Police and Crime Plan
The OPCC will, in line with the Commissioner’s thinking behind the Police and Crime Plan, begin on a journey towards using Outcome Based Planning (OBP) approaches to inform how we plan activities to achieve desired outcomes. The OPCC will be promoting the use of this approach with Humberside Police and with partner agencies that have a responsibility for crime reduction through Community Safety Partnerships. Outcome based planning when used effectively is proven to focus the use of time and resources on activities that can directly influence the outcome that is aspired to. The Delivery Plan will be reflective of an OBP approach in line with the outcomes of the Police and Crime Plan
The Delivery Plan provides a clear guide to the activities undertaken by function within the OPCC and mapped to the Police and Crime Plan outcomes. This will not be a definitive list but sets out our key areas to ensure the OPCC team, Police and Crime Panel and the public have a transparent view of how we are working towards achieving the delivery of the Police and Crime Plan
To view the OPCC Delivery Plan click the image below