Community Safety Fund
The PCC’s Community Safety Fund offers grants towards the costs of community safety and crime reduction projects across the Humber area. It is designed to support community organisations to kick-start local projects that will cut crime and antisocial behaviour and improve feelings of safety.
The Fund can provide funding of between £500 and £35,000 towards projects that meet the scheme criteria. A total of £1.5m has been allocated to the Fund between 2022/23 and 2024/25.
Here is PCC Jonathan Evison describing the fund and visiting one of our successful projects.
Round One closed on 30th June 2022 with 27 applications receiving grants totalling £366,000. View a list of the successful projects here.
Round Two closed on 3rd October 2022 with 23 applications receiving grants totalling £313,927. View a list of successful projects here.
Round Three closed on 14th June 2023 with 32 applications receiving grants totalling £504,754. View a list of successful projects here
Round Four closed to applications on 15th November 2023. A list of successful projects will be published here soon.
This round can provide funding to support projects which involve the purchase of and / or installation of equipment and /or assets which will support the reduction in crime and improvement in community safety.
The following types of projects / activities are likely to be “in scope” for this round of the Fund:
- Purchase of equipment / assets which facilitate activities that will:
- divert people from crime or antisocial behaviour taking place in the local area
- support people who may be particularly at risk of becoming victims of crime, or have previously been victims of crime
- Measures / minor capital work to improve the security of community buildings or assets e.g. security measures, fencing, CCTV, alarm systems etc (this should not include improvements that are a key part of ongoing property maintenance)
- Measures to improve the safety of outdoor public spaces e.g. CCTV installation, fencing etc
To find out more about the Fund and whether your organisation and project could be eligible, please click here to download our application guidance for the latest funding round (PDF).
Click here to read a helpful Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Community Safety Fund
How to apply
Applications to the Community Safety Fund can only be made via our applications portal
CLICK HERE TO START THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please contact us if you have any issues with the portal.
To contact us with any queries about the Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you have read the application guidance first.