Police and Crime Plan 2021-24 - Have Your Say
I was elected in May 2021 as your Police and Crime Commissioner, your local representative on policing and community safety. It's my job to work on your behalf to ensure Humberside Police provide an effective and efficient police force and both support and hold the Chief Constable to account for their performance, my office also commissions other services to improve community safety and support victims of crime.
I pledged in my election manifesto to engage more with the public and local communities, both rural and urban, so I want to understand your views on policing and community safety and what you’d like to see in my new Police and Crime Plan which I’ll publish in the Autumn. The plan sets the strategic direction which the Chief Constable of Humberside Police must bear in mind when making his operational plans.
I'd like you to contribute towards its development. The survey on this page will give you the opportunity to have your say and help shape my priorities. The survey is anonymous, you won't be asked for any personal information that will identify you.
The three key areas I’m asking about are:
- Engaged and Resilient Communities: volunteering, building trust and confidence in rural as well as urban areas, ensuring clear routes for you to raise concerns, building local resilience, and providing effective services for victims of crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Safer Communities: education around crime and harm, early intervention to stop young people being criminalised, finding proper solutions to violence against women and girls, reducing drugs demand, and working with our partners.
- Working Better: use of new technology to protect the public, and proper sustainable, environmental and social investment.
I also want you to take the opportunity to tell me:
- About your experiences of crime and policing, good and bad.
- Any issues with the service you receive in your local area.
- What you’d like to see change in the coming months and years.
- Where you see the greatest opportunities to work better with you, our communities and local partners.
Please take 10 minutes of your time to complete the survey. I look forward to hearing your views, thank you.
Police and Crime Commissioner for Humberside
The survey closed at midnight on Sunday 11th July 2021 - Click to view the results