How do we Get Information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made a complaint or enquiry to us.
- You have made an information request to us.
- You wish to attend, or have attended, an event.
- You subscribe to one or more of our newsletters.
- You have applied for a job or secondment with us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
- You have made a request for a review of a complaint you have made to Humberside Police.
- A complainant refers to you in their complaint correspondence.
- From other public authorities, regulators or law enforcement bodies.
- Where you have made your contact information available on your organisation's website and we use this to contact you and your organisation in our official capacity.
- An employee of ours gives your contact details as an emergency contact or a referee.
If it is not disproportionate or prejudical, we’ll contact you to let you know we are processing your personal information.
Back to main menu