Something to Report?
HELP US HELP YOU – REPORT CRIME, ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR & OTHER COMMUNITY SAFETY ISSUES IN YOUR AREA
The Police and other Community Safety Partners work hard to keep you safe and deal with neighbourhood issues. In order to do this they need to know what issues are taking place in communities and this comes from you and your neighbours.
Sadly many people don’t report issues for a number of reasons, such as leaving it to others to report, frustration at a perceived lack of action or due to previous difficulty/time taken to call the police and other agencies in the past.
But did you know that there are a range of online channels for reporting - crime, anti-social behaviour, information about those involved in crime and other community issues - which maybe quicker and easier for you?
Below is some guidance around online reporting channels for the police and other agencies.
Online reporting to the Police
- A non-emergency crime is a crime that does not require an emergency response such as reporting burglary of non-domestic or commercial premises e.g. sheds and outbuildings, theft, criminal damage or theft from/damage to vehicles.
- Report them online at https://www.reportingcrime.uk/HPrisk/
- You can report a non-injury collision online when it has occurred in the Humberside Police area. The collision needs to have occurred on a road or in a public place where there was damage to another person’s property. You can report a non-injury collision online at https://www.reportingcrime.uk/HPRoadTrafficCollision/
- Rural Crime - See It, Recognise It, Report It! - It is not always easy to distinguish between legal and illegal activity. For information on the types of rural crime, how to identify it and what information to collect when reporting CLICK HERE
- Hate crimes / Hate incidents can take place anywhere – at home, in the streets, at work, online or at school. No-one should have to live with the fear, anxiety and consequences of hate. Reporting it when it happens will help authorities deal with it and may prevent these incidents from happening to someone else. You will also help us understand the extent of hate crime in your local area so we can better respond to it.
Report it to Humberside Police online - https://www.reportingcrime.uk/HPhatecrime/
Report it anonymously to True Vision - http://www.report-it.org.uk/your_police_force
Online reporting of those involved in crime - Crimestoppers
Crimestoppers are an independent charity who allow members of the public to anonymously report people involved in criminality in their neighbourhood. The information is then passed onto authorities to support them in tackling criminality and bring offenders to justice. You can call the charity on 0800 555 111 or report incidents online at https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/pre-form
Online reporting of fraud or scams - Action Fraud
Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for Fraud and Cyber Crime where you should report fraud if you have been scammed, defrauded of experience cyber crime. You can report and get advice about fraud or cyber crime by calling Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or report incident online at https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting.
In addition you can report attempted fraud or scams at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing
Online reporting of untaxed vehicles – DVLA
If you see an untaxed vehicle on a public road, you can report it. Your report is anonymous and will be investigated. You can check vehicles are taxed and then report them if they are untaxed online at https://forms.dft.gov.uk/report-an-untaxed-vehicle/.
Online requests to Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service offer Safe and Well visits that are tailored to an individual’s needs, relating to their health and lifestyle choices. This is primarily for vulnerable people but you can request a visit online at: http://homevisit.humbersidefire.gov.uk/ols_public/OLS-public.htm.
In an emergency call 999 and for non-urgent fire issues call 0300 303 8242. Alternatively you can text/WhatsApp message to the Arson Alert Text Line 07940 737141 with anonymous information about deliberate fires being started in their neighborhood.
Calling Humberside Police
In an emergency, where a crime is in progress or you, or someone else is in danger, you should always dial 999.
For non-emergency matters you should dial 101.
Reporting of anti-social behaviour
Anti-social behaviour includes:
- Misuse of public space - groups of people congregating in green spaces designed for recreation such as parks and sports fields. These groups could be drinking alcohol, dropping litter and dangerous items such as broken bottles.
- Intimidation and harassment - verbal abuse, actual violence and threats of violence
- Noise nuisance - loud music, televisions or dogs barking
Hull - You can report incident by calling Hull City Council on 01482 300300 or report incidents online at https://myaccount.hull.gov.uk/Pages/Form%20Pages/Antisocial-behaviour-report.aspx
East Riding - You can report an incident online at https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/living/crime-and-community-safety/anti-social-behaviour/
North Lincolnshire – You can report an incident by calling North Lincolnshire Council on 01724 297000 or visit the website at https://www.northlincs.gov.uk/community-advice-and-support/anti-social-behaviour-asb/
North East Lincolnshire – you can report an incident by calling North East Lincolnshire Council on 01472 313131
Online reporting of Environmental Crime
Fly tipping is an environmental crime and is treated very seriously and those responsible will be perused where evidence is available to identify and locate those responsible
If you find fly tipped waste:
- don’t touch the waste, it may contain syringes, chemicals or other hazardous substances;
- don’t disturb the site as it may contain evidence to help us identify those responsible
Hull - Report online at –
https://myaccount.hull.gov.uk/Pages/Form%20Pages/Report-Fly-tipping-or-Dumped-rubbish.aspx or call 01482 300300.
East Riding – Report online at
North Lincolnshire – Report online at
North East Lincolnshire – Report online at